St Paul's & Tower of London Tour with Jack the Ripper, Haunted London & Fish and Chips ComboS2-2
This fantastic two-part Tour explores the history of two of London's iconic sights and its most infamous serial killer, Jack The Ripper. Spend your day sightseeing before heading off the beaten path and back in time to Victorian London, where you will revisit the scene of the Whitechapel Murders and enjoy a sample of traditional fish and chips.
- Meeting Point
Evan Evans office
258 Vauxhall Bridge Road, London, SW1V 1BS (boarding commences at 12:45 pm).
- St Paul's Cathedral
The first stop on our tour is an iconic symbol of London. Sir Christopher Wren's masterpiece took 35 years to build and today is one of the largest churches in the world. Incredibly, this towering domed cathedral was also the tallest building in London until the 1960s.
Its construction between 1675-1710 was part of a rebuilding programme after the original cathedral located here was swept away in the Great Fire of London in 1666: With no fewer than seven chapels, countless statues and priceless art inside, as well as Europe's largest crypt, there are historical and religious treasures around every corner at St Paul's.
Explore the history of the cathedral with the help of our audio technology so you will not miss a word from our expert guides.
- Tower of London
Explore almost 1,000 years of history that began with the construction of a fortress and royal residence by William The Conqueror. The long history of 'The Tower' is one of imprisonment, murder and execution. The last person executed here was in 1941, and over the years spies, criminals and even queens have met their bloody end by the executioner's hand at the tower.
The Tower of London is also home to the priceless Crown Jewels Collection. This glittering display of gems and gold includes the Star of Africa, the world's largest cut diamond, as well as a collection of crowns, robes, and other items of ceremonial regalia. It would be improper to fail to mention the tower ravens. Legend has it that at least half a dozen must stay within the bounds of the tower or the monarchy will fall. How many can you spot on your visit?
- Thames River Cruise
After visiting the Tower of London, head down to Tower Pier and jump on the next available boat for a wonderful cruise down the River Thames. Enjoy a unique view of London's beautiful waterfront as you head to Westminster Pier next to the iconic Houses of Parliament.
- Jack the Ripper Tour
For three months during the late 19th century, the Whitechapel area of London was enveloped in fear. During this period, a spate of murders known as the 'Whitechapel Murders' took place; five women were murdered and brutally mutilated by a killer that was never caught
To this day, the identity of the killer remains a mystery, and well over a hundred theories exist today that attempt to lift the veil on the identity of one of history's most elusive murderers.
Visit the real-life murder locations with your expert tour guide, who will paint a picture of life in Victorian London during this period. Along the way, you hear the gruesome, horrific details behind the murders, and how the killer mutilated his victims in trademark fashion.
During the Tour, you'll be treated to a taster of a very traditional English dish at one of London's oldest, most authentic 'chippies'. You'll also visit Spitalfields Market and see the Ten Bells pub, the rumoured hunting ground of Jack The Ripper.
- End Point
Your Tour concludes at Trafalgar Square where you can conveniently access the London Underground, National Rail Services from Charing Cross Station, London Bus Services, or local taxi services.
St. Paul's & Tower of London Tour (Afternoon)
- Tour Starts at 1:00 pm, Evan Evans office, 258 Vauxhall Bridge Road, London, SW1V 1BS (boarding commences at 12:45 pm).
- Tour Finishes: approx.5:30 pm, Westminster Pier (If you wish to spend longer at the Tower of London you may use your cruise ticket on another day)
Jack The Ripper Tour (Evening)
- Tour Starts: 7:00 pm, Evan Evans Office, 258 Vauxhall Bridge Road (boarding commences at 6:45 pm)
- Tour Finishes: approx 10:00 pm, Trafalgar Square
- Entrance to St Paul's Cathedral and the Tower of London is included in the tour price
- On Sundays and during special events, St Paul's Cathedral is closed to visitors. On these days, we will stop for photographs at St Paul's Cathedral and spend longer at the Tower of London.
- Travel between the end of the afternoon tour and the Jack the Ripper Tour is not included. We would recommend taking the Circle or District Lines 2 stops from Westminster to Victoria. There are plenty of dinner options around Victoria whilst you wait for the beginning of your Jack the Ripper Tour
- We encourage guests with e-tickets to bring these on their smart devices
- Explore the history of two iconic London landmarks
- See the dazzling Crown Jewels collection
- Enjoy a scenic River Thames cruise
- Sample traditional English fish and chips
- Walk in the footsteps of Jack The Ripper
- Visit the site of the Whitechapel Murders
Personal Audio Headset
USB Charging On-board
Walking Tour (Jack the Ripper)
Fish & Chips
Hotel Pick-up & Drop-off
BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE
- No Cancellation Fees
- No Change Fees
- No Booking Fees
- Your Money is Protected - Free cancellation up to 24 hours before the day of departure
For full terms see Our Flexible Promise to You
COMMITTED TO YOUR WELL-BEING
We have implemented the following COVID-19 Hygiene and Distancing Measures for your well-being.
- Physical distancing measures are in place during check-in, boarding and to disembark our vehicles
- Vehicles are fully sanitised before the start of each tour. All surfaces are cleaned and disinfected daily
- Hand sanitiser, antiviral sprays and wipes are available on board to use throughout the day
- Guests are encouraged to bring their own face coverings which are recommended when traveling on board our vehicles. Spare disposable masks are available at check-in
- Guests are provided with personal audio headsets so distancing can be maintained when listening to commentary
- We encourage guests with e-tickets to bring these on their smart devices, and we recommend contact-less payments only
- Guests should follow the guidelines in place at tour inclusions, including any rules on face coverings and physical distancing measures
- Our team, including our guides and drivers have been trained in our enhanced hygiene and physical distancing procedures
Please note our coaches are operating at normal capacity on departures from 11th October 2021. Please refer to our Travel Health page for more information