The Lake District with Afternoon Tea & Cruise
Explore an area renowned for its breath-taking scenery, stunning natural beauty and quaint market towns on this fantastic full-day Tour to England's largest National Park. Enjoy a scenic cruise on Lake Windermere and indulge in a spot of traditional Afternoon Tea amidst the tranquil surroundings of one of the most beautiful areas in the country.
- Meeting Point
London Euston Station
Our team will be waiting to greet you outside the main ticket office inside Euston Station. There, you will be given your train tickets and information pack and your Evan Evans Representitive will explain the order of the day before you board your train. Euston Station is centrally located and easily accessible by underground, it is serviced by the Victoria and Northern Lines and is in Zone 1: You can spot our representative by their red clipboard.
- Lake District Guided Tour
Your Expert Guide will be waiting for you at Oxenholme Station, ready to whisk you away on your journey into this incredible area of outstanding natural beauty. Enjoy the scenic surroundings of the Cumbrian Mountains, which includes Scafell Pike, the tallest mountain in England. From here, we will head towards the tranquil beauty spot of Tarn Hows, where we will stop for photos before heading into the Langdale Valley. Derived from the Old Norse term for 'long valley', this stunning glacial valley is decorated with silver waterfalls and impressive rock scenery.
- Hawkshead and Hill Top Farm
Visit the tiny medieval market town of Hawkshead. A charming mix of higgledy-piggledy houses and narrow cobbled streets, this pretty village in the heart of the Lake District was beloved by both William Wordsworth and Beatrix Potter.
After Hawkshead, we will make our way to Hill Top Farm, former home of Beatrix Potter and the inspiration for so many of her characters. We will also stop to admire the scenic views from Tarn Hows, a tranquil lake District beauty spot.
Please Hill Top Farm is only open between April and October. During the winter months, instead guests will visit the World of Beatrix Potter where the famous author's stories, such as Peter Rabbit, are brought to life in a magical interactive exhibition.
- Cruise on Lake Windermere
Included in your Tour is a cruise on Lake Windermere, England's largest lake where you will be treated to stunning views of mountain scenery, secluded bays and the many wooded islands.
- Afternoon Cream Tea
After a busy day exploring, what better way to relax than with an English afternoon cream tea experience at the Lindeth Howe Country Hotel, once owned by Beatrix Potter herself?
Enjoy tea and scones, and soak in the views of some of the famous author's favourite countryside that provided the inspiration for her novels.
- End Point
London Euston Station
Euston Station is centrally located and easily accessible by underground, serviced by the Victoria and Northern Lines and is in Zone 1.
- First Class Rail option available - please call to book
- Overnight Stay option available - please call to book
- Tour Meeting Time: 8:00 am at Euston Station. Meet the Evan Evans Representative outside the main ticket office
- Tour Finishes: approx. 9:30 pm at Euston Station
- Please note this is an unescorted Tour although you will have a Guide for the Lake District Guided Tour
- Child age: 5-11 yrs inclusive (Children under the age of 5 are not permitted on this Tour)
- November - March itinerary may vary and instead of visiting Hill Top Farm (which is closed during the winter months) you will visit The World of Beatrix Potter
- On Fridays between April – October Hill Top Farm is not open so you will visit The Beatrix Potter Gallery whilst in Hawkshead instead
- Once booked, this Tour is non-refundable and non-changeable
- We will make every effort to fulfil any requests you have for seating on the train however this can not be guaranteed
- Overnight accommodation: Prices stated are per person, based on two people staying in a twin room (single travellers pay a single person supplement rate)
- Panoramic Small Group Tour of the Lake District
- Enjoy a scenic cruise on Lake Windermere
- Visit medieval Hawkshead Village
- Experience a traditional English cream tea at a 4-star hotel
- Discover the World of Beatrix Potter
- Return train journey with reserved seating