The Lake District Rail Tour with Cream Tea & Cruise
Explore an area renowned for its breathtaking scenery, stunning natural beauty and quaint market towns on this fantastic full-day Tour to England's largest National Park. Enjoy a scenic cruise on Lake Windermere and indulge in a spot of traditional Cream Tea amidst the tranquil surroundings of one of the most beautiful areas in the country. On this adventure to the Lake District, board a train in London and travel northwest to the area that inspired many of Beatrix Potter's tales.
Overnight in the Lake District (Optional) - Want to extend your stay in the Lake District? Why not choose to add an overnight stay at a local three-star hotel? Prices are per person, based on two people staying in a double/twin room. (Single room supplement applies)
- Departure Station
London Euston Station
Begin your day at London's Euston Station and hop on a train to Oxenholme. Gaze out the window as you pass through the calming English countryside with its rolling hills and bucolic landscapes.
- Lake District Guided Tour
Upon arrival in Oxenholme, meet your local guide for a tour through the quaint and artsy Lake District, famous for its literary connections to children's book author Beatrix Potter.
From here, we will head towards the tranquil beauty spot of Tarn Hows, where we will stop for photos before heading into the Langdale Valley.
Derived from the Old Norse term for 'long valley', this stunning glacial valley is decorated with silver waterfalls and impressive rock scenery.
- Hawkshead and Hill Top Farm
Travel to the charming medieval village of Hawkshead, where you'll have time to explore. Hawkshead is a village of cobbled alleys, characterful squares and whitewashed houses in the valley between Windermere and Coniston. It is home to the Old Grammar School, founded in 1585, where the famous Lake District poet, William Wordsworth, studied.
After Hawkshead, we will make our way to Hill Top Farm, the former home of Beatrix Potter and the inspiration for so many of her characters. We will also stop to admire the scenic views from Tarn Hows, a tranquil Lake District beauty spot.
Hill Top Farm is only open between April and October. During the winter months, instead, guests will visit the World of Beatrix Potter, where the famous author's stories, such as Peter Rabbit, are brought to life in a magical interactive exhibition.
You will see incredible scenery as you venture into the heart of the Lake District from Hawkshead, with plenty of photo stops along the way. Visit the Langdale Valley and Blea Tarn, a beautiful body of water.
- Cruise on Lake Windermere
Arrive in Waterhead and board a boat for a scenic cruise across Lake Windermere, the largest lake in England. Sit back and take in breathtaking views of the peaceful Lakeland Fells as you glide along toward Bowness Bay.
- Cream Tea at the Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel
Complete this bewitching experience in a truly British way—with traditional Cream Tea at the Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel, which was once owned by Beatrix Potter herself.
Enjoy tea and scones, and soak in the views of some of the famous author's favourite countryside that provided the inspiration for her novels.
- End Point
London Euston Station
Euston Station is centrally located and easily accessible by underground, serviced by the Victoria and Northern Lines and is in Zone 1.
- Outbound: Train departs London Euston: 08:30 / arrives Oxenholme: 11:08
- Return: Train departs Oxenholme: 18:30 (18:26 Sat) / arrives at London Euston at 21:20
- Your electronic tickets and vouchers will be sent to you one week prior to your scheduled departure date via email (or if booked within one week then within 24 hours of booking). We would recommend arriving at Euston Station 30 minutes before your scheduled train departure
- Please note that the train journey is unescorted. On arrival at Oxenholme station in the Lake District, you will be met by your tour guide and start your Lake District guided tour
- The itinerary is subject to change, and all stops are subject to availability
- Child age: 5-15 yrs inclusive (Children under the age of 5 are not permitted on this Tour)
- If choosing the overnight option, please note that Day 2 is unguided
- We will make every effort to fulfil any requests you have for seating on the train; however, this cannot be guaranteed
- Overnight accommodation: Standard Adult and Child prices stated are based on two people sharing a twin/double room (Single travellers are required to pay the single occupancy rate)
- Please visit our Travel Health page for full details of our enhanced hygiene standards and protocols
- The Lake District with Afternoon Tea & Cruise£259.00
Explore an area renowned for its breath-taking scenery, stunning natural beauty and quaint market towns on this fantastic full-day Tour to England's largest National Park. Enjoy a scenic cruise on Lake Windermere and indulge in a spot of traditional Afternoon Tea amidst the tranquil surroundings of one of the most beautiful areas in the country.
- The Lake District - Overnight Tour from London with Cream Tea & Cruise - Standard Class£369.00
The Lake District - Overnight Tour from London with Cream Tea & Cruise - Standard Class - Want to extend your stay in the Lake District? Why not choose to stay overnight at a local three-star hotel with us? Explore an area renowned for its breathtaking scenery, stunning natural beauty and quaint market towns on this fantastic full-day tour to England's largest National Park. Enjoy a scenic cruise on Lake Windermere and indulge in a spot of traditional Cream Tea amidst the tranquil surroundings of one of the most beautiful areas in the country.
- Panoramic Small Group Tour of the Lake District
- Enjoy a scenic cruise on Lake Windermere
- Visit medieval Hawkshead Village
- Experience a traditional English cream tea at a 4-star hotel
- Discover the World of Beatrix Potter
- Return train journey with reserved seating