Buckingham Palace State Rooms
Step inside Britain's most famous palace on a fantastic tour of the grand State Rooms that lie at the heart of Buckingham Palace. The official London residence of the British monarch since 1837, Buckingham Palace is the centrepiece of the monarchy and the best-known of all royal houses. Beginning life as a private house called 'Buckingham House' built in 1705 for the Duke of Buckingham, it was brought under royal control in 1761 by King George III and renovated over time into the world-famous royal palace as we know it today.
Every summer, Buckingham Palace opens its doors to visitors from around the world looking to get a glimpse inside its lavishly decorated rooms and hallways. On this Buckingham Palace tour, you'll visit the State Rooms, which include the Throne Room, The White Drawing Room and the Ballroom; each more richly decorated than the last and adorned with ornate furniture, paintings and treasures.
Enjoy a rare opportunity to visit Buckingham Palace and enjoy the tour at your own pace; an audio multimedia guide explains the history of the palace and the various rooms within the State Rooms as you make your way around. At the end of your tour, you'll walk along the south side of the palace garden, which has splendid views of the west front of the palace and garden.
- Attraction Address: Buckingham Palace, Westminster, London SW1A 1AA
- A multilingual audio guide is included in your admission at Buckingham Palace
- Please note you will require a printed copy of your ticket
- Once booked tickets are not refundable and dates/times cannot be changed.
- Please ensure that you have valid identification with you on the day
- For groups of 15 or more, please contact our group department: email@example.com to make a booking
- Mobility Access at Buckingham Palace: Unfortunately, we are unable to make bookings for guests wishing wheelchair or step-free access. Bookings need to be made directly with Buckingham Palace
- Entrance to the State Rooms inside Buckingham Palace
- Rare opportunity to visit the Queen's London residence
- Tour includes an audio multimedia guide
- Explore the history of Britain's most famous palace
- See important rooms, including the Throne Room and White Drawing Room