'The Crown' Film Locations - Private Chauffeured Experience
Explore the magnificent London film locations from the famous TV series ‘The Crown’ on this spectacular five-hour Private Chauffeured Experience. Your Evan Evans Expert Guide will bring the incredible royal history to life as you follow in the footsteps of the much-loved Claire Foy and Matt Smith.
Whether you're travelling solo, as a couple, group, or as a family, we're proud to offer a modern and prestigious fleet of luxury vehicles to cater for everyone.
With sculpted seats, sophisticated leather trim interior, and air-conditioning, the Mercedes E-Class allows for exceptional long-distance comfort. The V-Class model offers that rare combination of spacious seating and generous luggage capacity, being able to comfortably transport up to 6 passengers.
Eco-friendly guests will enjoy a comfortable, quiet journey inside a Toyota Prius - a market-leading hybrid vehicle that is built with the environment in mind. Featuring innovative ecological plastic derived from plants in its interior and a world-first solar-powered ventilation system.
Luxury Vintage Collection
Step back in time and travel in style with our superb collection of classic cars. Choose from the Rolls Royce Phantom and a range of Bentley's including the Bentley S3, Bently MK VI, Bentley RT, LWB, and Bentley Azure convertible, plus the Morris Minor 'Million'.
- Hotel Pick-up
Your Private Chauffeur and Expert Guide will pick you up from your hotel to begin the Experience. Please be ready by the Concierge Desk at the start time.
- Kensington Palace
Princess Margaret and her husband, the Earl of Snowdon moved into the palace in the 1960s, and Prince Charles moved in with Princess Diana (who is introduced in season 3) after they were married. Diana continued to live in the palace until her death in 1997.
- Lancaster House
Built in the 1820’s this lavishly decorated townhouse is only a stones-throw away from Buckingham Palace and is the home to many scenes that were used for Buckingham Palace.
Commissioned by the ‘Grand Old’ Duke of York, Lancaster House was a former home of nobility and high society. Today the house is run by The Foreign and Commonwealth Office for hosting stylish events.
- Southwark Cathedral
This impressive Gothic-style cathedral has been a place of worship for over 1,000 years and was the film location for the funeral of Elizabeth’s father, King George VI.
- Blythe House
This beautiful grade II listed building features Edwardian Baroque red brick and Portland stone and was originally built to house the Post Office Savings Bank. In addition to featuring in ‘The Crown’, ‘Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy’ and Thor 2’, Blythe House is home to over 170,000 exhibition pieces from the Science Museum, British Museum and the Victoria and Albert Museum.
- Westminster Abbey
Although filmed in Ely Cathedral Queen Elizabeth II’s (Claire Foy) marriage to Prince Philip (Matt Smith) took place here as did Princess Margaret to Antony Armstrong-Jones. See the statue of Martin Luther King on the façade of the Abbey who, in season 3, was assassinated in Memphis.
- Lyceum Theatre
This magnificent West End theatre opened its doors in 1841 and has been the home to Disney’s ‘The Lion King’ for an impressive 17 years and counting. The dramatic columned façade played host to the stylish scene in ‘The Crown’ when the Queen and Prince Phillip attended a post-war gala.
- The Old Royal Naval College
A world heritage site lining the banks of the River Thames, the Old Royal Naval College was the setting for the courtyard at Buckingham Palace. A specially built portico was attached to the building to enhance the resemblance to the Palace with familiar scenes of Churchill visiting The Queen, when Elizabeth visited her family from Clarence House and when members of the family visited the Palace.
Historically, this was the birthplace of Henry VIII, Mary I and Elizabeth I, as well as the location in which Henry’s second wife Anne Boleyn was arrested and in which Shakespeare performed.
- Hotel Drop-off
Your Private Chauffeur and Expert Guide will drop you back at your Central London hotel at the end of the Experience.
- Experience Starts: 10:00 am
- Experience Finishes: approx 1:30 pm, (Alternative start and finish times are available upon request)
- Prices quoted are based on E-Class Mercedes-Benz or V-Class Mercedes-Benz based on the number of people travelling
- All other vehicles are on a request basis
- Prices are quoted based on an English speaking Expert Guide. If you wish to have a guide that speaks another language, please contact us
- Filming did not take place at Kensington Palace or Westminster Abbey but the locations and history around the locations features in the Crown
- Prices are based on departing and returning to a Central London location
- Full payment required at time of booking. Once confirmed, bookings are subject to our Booking Conditions
- All Experiences are subject to availability
- 2019 restrictions: Tour is not available on 24-26 December 2019
- 2020/2021 restrictions: Tour is not available on 1 January, 10-12 April, 24-26 December 2020 & 1 January 2021
- Prices are valid until 31 March 2020
- See the exciting film locations from hit TV series 'The Crown' from series 1, 2 and 3
- Professionally Guided Tour by an Evan Evans Expert Guide
- Private Luxury Vehicle with Chauffeur
- Pick-up and Drop-off at your Central London Hotel