Stonehenge 'INNER CIRCLE ACCESS', Windsor & Oxford (Early)
Enjoy a unique opportunity to explore the Inner Circle at the ancient Neolithic site at Stonehenge. Stand among and walk inside the impressive megaliths and uncover the mystery of Stonehenge before heading off to explore the historic cities of Oxford and Windsor.
- Meeting Point
Victoria Park Plaza Hotel
Your Guide will be waiting to greet you next to the concierge desk at the Victoria Park Plaza Hotel, located at 239 Vauxhall Bridge Road, around a 5-minute walk from London Victoria Train Station and Victoria Underground Station. Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled departure time for boarding.
On this special access Tour from London, you'll be invited to enter the Inner Circle, an area restricted to visitors, and experience Stonehenge as never seen before. Walk around the sacred Inner Circle of this ancient site and stand among the giant Sarsens that are up to 30 feet (9 metres) tall and weigh 25 tons. Enjoy the peace and tranquillity away from the crowds as you experience Stonehenge at its atmospheric best.
At Windsor, you'll discover a historic town that is steeped in hundreds of years of royal tradition and heritage. Wander its cobbled streets and browse the quaint tea rooms and shopping arcades as our tour guide brings the history of this splendid royal town to life.
Along the way, you'll see Windsor Castle; ancestral home of the British monarchy for almost 1,000 years and a favoured weekend residence of Her Majesty The Queen, as well as the largest, continuously occupied castle in the world.
In Oxford, also known as 'The City of Dreaming Spires', you'll discover one of the UK's most beautiful towns. This ancient university town is home to the University of Oxford, the oldest university in the English-speaking world, and renowned for its distinctive, beautiful architecture that spans every period of English history since the late Saxon times.
Enjoy a Walking Tour through its quaint cobbled streets with your expert tour guide, who will bring the history and charm of this ancient city to life. Along the way, you'll see some of the city's most iconic sights such as the Bridge of Sighs, Radcliffe Camera and the university's many college buildings.
- End Point
London Victoria Train Station
Your Tour will finish outside London Victoria Train Station, centrally located and easily accessible by national rail and underground, it is serviced by the Victoria, District and Circle Lines and is in Travel Zone 1.
- Stone Inner Circle Access visits take place in the morning outside of regular opening hours, approx. an hour after sunrise
- Entrance to Windsor Castle is not included in this tour as there is not enough time to enter the Castle
Departures between September and May:
- Tour Starts: 5:30 am, Victoria Park Plaza (please wait by the concierge desk 15 minutes prior to your departure time)
- Tour Finishes: approx 4:30 pm, London Victoria Train Station
Departures between June and August:
- Tour Starts: 5:00 am, Victoria Park Plaza (please wait by the concierge desk 15 minutes prior to your departure time)
- Tour Finishes: approx 4:00 pm, London Victoria Train Station
- Experience Stonehenge up-close with unique 'Inner Circle Access'
- Enjoy a Walking Tour of Windsor with your Expert Guide
- Discover Oxford on a Walking Tour with your Expert Guide