- See Historic Greenwich
- Visit the fairy-tale Leeds Castle and its beautiful Gardens
- Exclusive to Evan Evans Tours: using the Vox Radioguide® system, you will be given an in-depth insight into the rich, and sometimes murderous, history of the Cathedral.
- See the White Cliffs of Dover
- Visit the National Memorial to the Few at Capel-le-Ferne
- First-class luxury Motor-coach and the services of a professional Tour Guide
Heading out to Leeds Castle, we pass through Greenwich, home of the famous 'Cutty Sark' tea clipper and the Royal Observatory, and cross over the Greenwich Meridian.
Leeds Castle was described by Lord Conway as 'the loveliest castle in the world' and is set in the middle of a natural lake, surrounded by 500 acres of parkland and gardens. Experience its magic in an atmosphere of still tranquillity. There will also be time to explore the castle grounds where you will find the ' Lady Baillie Garden' with views over the lake, an aviary and maze.
Traveling through Kent, the county known as the 'Garden of England', we make our way to Canterbury to visit the Cathedral. This magnificent Cathedral is the most important church within the worldwide Anglican faith. The central 'Bell Harry Tower' dates back to 1498, and the crypt to the 11th Century. It is here where your guide will tell the story of the shocking murder of Archbishop Thomas Beckett in 1170 and there will also be time to explore the narrow streets of Canterbury.
We continue our tour through the picturesque landscape of Kent dotted with unusual buildings and quaint little villages to Dover, where you'll see the famous White Cliffs standing 400 feet above sea level. Brooding above the White Cliffs is the sprawling Dover Castle still watching over the town 800 years on.
We will also visit the National Memorial to the Few at Capel-le-Ferne, on the famous white cliffs, dedicated to Churchill's famous "Few" who fought in the skies overhead to keep this country free from invasion.
- Entrance to Leeds Castle
- Entrance to Canterbury Cathedral
- Personal Audio Headset
- Free WiFi
- Pick up from hotel in the morning (see pick up points)
- Lunch (time will be included in the itinerary for a refreshment break)
- Drop off at hotel
Tour Starts: 8.45am, Victoria Coach Station
Tour Finishes: approx 6.30pm, Victoria Train Station
Entrance to Leeds Castle and Canterbury Cathedral is included in the tour price. If you choose the option excluding entrances, tickets may be purchased from your Tour Guide.