Relax, unwind and delve into the depths of the exciting and diverse underwater world at the London Aquarium.
- Priority Entrance Tickets!
SEA LIFE London Aquarium features thousands of marine creatures from every part of the world including 46 sharks and some breathtaking features including a stunning tropical glass tunnel walkway and a nerve testing Shark Walk finale. The Aquarium has recently had a grand refurbishment to its main entrance and to celebrate this we wanted to share some interesting facts with you about some of our favourite inhabitants of the attraction.
- There are over 500 different species of Rays and Skate in our oceans and rivers. Their closest relative is the Shark; Rays evolved from Sharks around 150 million years ago! Just like Sharks, Rays don’t have a bony skeleton. Instead, their skeleton is made of cartilage (just like our nose and ears!) This makes them lighter so it is easier for Rays to glide through the ocean.
- Penguins are playful! They love to slide down icy patches on their bellies and take turns to dive into the ocean. Did you know their black and white pattern is a form of camouflage? It helps them blend in with the water and keep safe from predators. SEA LIFE Ldndon has helped breed baby King Penguins, Gentoo Penguins and Humboldt Penguins.
- Sharks have lived in our oceans for more than 420 million years! That makes them older than trees! Their brains have evolved to become more intelligent and devoted to their senses - mainly their ability to smell. There are over 500 species of shark in our oceans and you’ll meet lots of them when you explore our Pacific Shipwreck!
- You can find seahorses in oceans all over the world! There are over 40 species. Some live on coral reefs, others amongst mangrove roots and many life in seagrass meadows. Pigmy Seahorses are as tiny as your little finger nail, but Big-belly Seahorses will be even bigger than your hand!
New for 2017: Ocean Invaders: Enter the world of jellyfish
Immerse yourselves in the fascinating world of the jellyfish in the new sensory experience that will enlighten you to this mysterious, fascinating and beautiful species.
As you float into of this new experience, you will move through three different interactive spaces. In the first area ‘Discover’ - you’ll explore the world of the jellyfish and find out about their lifecycle and incredible survival skills. Continue your gelatinous journey in the ‘Understand’ area - where you’ll get to know the various species, the most dangerous, and the most spectacular and have the chance to create your own digital swarm while testing the strength of the jellyfish sting. Finally, enter the ‘Wow’ area where you’ll witness a jaw dropping spectacular and be completely surrounded by the jellyfish invasion
Why not extend your day?
Visit 4 of London's top attractions, Madame Tussauds, the London Eye, Shrek's Adventure and the SEA LIFE London, for the price of 2 with the The BIG London Attraction Ticket.
Please note, you will require a printed copy of your ticket.
Evan Evans E-tickets are valid on your nominated date, or on any other date during normal opening hours, for up to 30 days afterward. All dates are subject to availability and the supplier reserves the right to alter its opening times/service at short notice. Tickets can only be used for one visit and will be taken in by the supplier upon exchange.