Relax, unwind and delve into the depths of the exciting and diverse underwater world at the London Aquarium.
- Priority Entrance Tickets!
SEA LIFE London Aquarium features thousands of marine creatures from every part of the world including 46 sharks and some breathtaking features including a stunning tropical glass tunnel walkway and a nerve testing Shark Walk finale. The Aquarium has recently had a grand refurbishment to its main entrance and to celebrate this we wanted to share some interesting facts with you about some of our favourite inhabitants of the attraction.
- There are over 500 different species of Rays and Skate in our oceans and rivers. Their closest relative is the Shark; Rays evolved from Sharks around 150 million years ago! Just like Sharks, Rays don’t have a bony skeleton. Instead, their skeleton is made of cartilage (just like our nose and ears!) This makes them lighter so it is easier for Rays to glide through the ocean.
- Penguins are playful! They love to slide down icy patches on their bellies and take turns to dive into the ocean. Did you know their black and white pattern is a form of camouflage? It helps them blend in with the water and keep safe from predators. SEA LIFE has helped breed baby King Penguins, Gentoo Penguins and Humboldt Penguins.
- Sharks have lived in our oceans for more than 420 million years! That makes them older than trees! Their brains have evolved to become more intelligent and devoted to their senses - mainly their ability to smell. There are over 500 species of shark in our oceans and you’ll meet lots of them when you explore our Pacific Shipwreck!
- You can find seahorses in oceans all over the world! There are over 40 species. Some live on coral reefs, others amongst mangrove roots and many life in seagrass meadows. Pigmy Seahorses are as tiny as your little finger nail, but Big-belly Seahorses will be even bigger than your hand!
Behind the Scenes Tour
A new Behind the Scenes Tour at the SEA LIFE London Aquarium exposes the attraction's inner workings and whisks guests "behind the glass" to discover what it takes to keep one of Europe's biggest aquariums running smoothly. The forty minute tour takes guests through the three main areas at the heart of the SEA LIFE London Aquarium – Creature Care and Research, Food Preparation and Water Management.
Guests are encouraged not just to "see" behind the scenes but to step right into the action as the areas they tour are where the work actually happens. They will get the chance to join in with quizzes, see tiny artemia through the microscope and as questions of the aquarists about any aspect of what their work, or anything they want to know about the aquarium or its residents.
Why not extend your day?
Visit 4 of London's top attractions, Madame Tussauds, the London Eye, Shrek's Adventure and the London SEA LIFE Aquarium, for the price of 2 with the The BIG London Attraction Ticket.
Tickets sold on this website include PRIORITY ENTRANCE. The venue has a special queue for advance ticket holders, but during peak holiday periods there will still be some waiting time.
Family Ticket: 2 adults and 2 children or 1 adult and 3 children.
Please note, you will require a printed copy of your ticket.
Evan Evans E-tickets are valid on your nominated date, or on any other date during normal opening hours, for up to 30 days afterward. All dates are subject to availability and the supplier reserves the right to alter its opening times/service at short notice. Tickets can only be used for one visit and will be taken in by the supplier upon exchange.