- Evan Evans Tours
- Rail Tours From London
- Edinburgh Tours from London
- Edinburgh - The Royal City
Edinburgh The Royal City - Standard classs36-36
- Meeting Point
London King’s Cross Station
Our team will be waiting to greet you outside of the information booth inside Kings Cross Station. There, you will be given your train tickets and information pack and your Evan Evans Representative will explain the order of the day before you board your train. Kings Cross Station is centrally located and easily accessible by underground, it is serviced by the Metropolitan, Circle, Hammersmith & City, Victoria and Northern Lines and is in Zone 1: You can spot our representative by their red clipboard.
- Welcome to Edinburgh
Fondly known as Auld Reekie, which means 'Old Smokey' in Scots, the Scottish capital is one of the most memorable and unique cities in all of Europe.
A sense of history is around every corner of this beautiful city. Underground vaults and hidden passageways, relics of construction from a bygone era, are located in and around its historic town centre, known as 'Old Town'.
Visitors and locals pack the narrow cobbled alleyways of Old Town, the medieval heart of Edinburgh filled with centuries-old buildings. Explore the traditional pubs, charming stores and casual eateries that line the 'Royal Mile', a historic street cutting through the heart of the city, and visit St Giles' Cathedral, the 900-year old religious focal point of the city.
- Hop-on Hop-off Tour of Edinburgh
Board your Hop-on Hop-off Guided Bus Tour and journey around some of the finest and culture-rich destinations in Edinburgh. The Tour takes you to 14 fantastic locations including Grassmarket, a historic marketplace with incredible views of Edinburgh Castle, John Knox House, a magnificent medieval building dating back to the 15th century and the Palace of Holyroodhouse, The King's official residence in Edinburgh. The ticket is valid all day so you can hop on and hop off as many times as you like.
- Edinburgh Castle
You Rail Tour includes entrance to the mighty Edinburgh Castle, a 1,100-year-old fortress built on Castle Rock, a long-extinct volcano. Explore the long, bloody history of the castle, from its time as a military fortress, royal residence and prison of war.
Walk in the footsteps of famous Scottish kings and queens as you ascend castle hill, and see the Stone of Destiny, also known as the Stone of Scone. For centuries, this sacred object has been used in the coronation of Scottish, and later British, monarchs.
- End Point
London King’s Cross Station
Kings Cross Station is centrally located and easily accessible by underground, serviced by the Metropolitan, Circle, Hammersmith & City, Victoria and Northern Lines and is in Zone 1.
- First Class Rail option available - please call to book
- Overnight Stay option available - please call to book
- Tour Meeting Time: 6:30 am London King's Cross Station, information booth to meet an Evan Evans representative
- Tour Finishes: approx. 10:20 pm London King's Cross Station
- Please note this is a non-guided Tour
- Child age: 3-11 yrs inclusive
- We will make every effort to fulfil any requests you have for seating on the train however this can not be guaranteed
- Explore the historical capital city of Scotland
- Enjoy a Hop-on Hop-off sightseeing Tour of Edinburgh
- Visit the iconic Edinburgh Castle
- Return train journey with reserved seating