Stonehenge 'INNER CIRCLE ACCESS', Windsor & Oxford (Late)
Explore the historic cities of Oxford and Windsor before heading off to enjoy exclusive Inner Circle access at the world's most famous Neolithic monument. Get up close to the towering Sarsen stones and walk around the Inner Circle as you uncover the mysteries of this ancient site.
- Meeting Point
Victoria Park Plaza Hotel
Your Guide will be waiting to greet you next to the concierge desk at the Victoria Park Plaza Hotel, located at 239 Vauxhall Bridge Road, around a 5-minute walk from London Victoria Train Station and Victoria Underground Station. Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled departure time for boarding.
Located within the rolling hills and beautiful countryside of the Royal County of Berkshire, discover this historic, quintessentially English town set in a glorious riverside location.
Wander its medieval streets and browse the quaint tea rooms and shopping arcades as our tour guide brings the history of this historic town to life. See the magnificent Windsor Castle that functions as one of the monarch's official residences and dominates the Windsor skyline.
Not only has this castle been the ancestral home of the British Monarchy for almost 1,000 years, but it is also the largest, continuously occupied castle in Europe.
The City of Dreaming Spires' is home to the University of Oxford, the oldest university in the English-speaking world, whose notable alumni include Stephen Hawking, J. R. R. Tolkien, Oscar Wilde and countless others that have walked through its famous doors.
Enjoy a Walking Tour through one of the UK's most beautiful, historic cities. Oxford itself is known for its distinctive architectural features and holds the unique accolade of having examples of every architectural period going as far back as Saxon times.
Over a million people visit Stonehenge each year. The vast majority of visitors are not allowed direct access to the megaliths of the Stone Circle, which are protected by a rope barrier positioned 15ft away.
On this exclusive special access Tour from London, you'll be invited to enter the Stone Circle and experience Stonehenge as never seen before. Stand beside the magnificent Sarsens that tower over the circle and reach an astonishing 30 feet (9 metres). Enjoy the peace and tranquillity away from the crowds as you experience Stonehenge at its atmospheric best.
- End Point
London Victoria Train Station
Your Tour will finish outside London Victoria Train Station, centrally located and easily accessible by national rail and underground, it is serviced by the Victoria, District and Circle Lines and is in Travel Zone 1.
- Stone Inner Circle Access visits take place in the evening outside of regular opening hours, approx. an hour before sunset
- Entrance to Windsor Castle is not included in this tour as there is not enough time to enter the Castle
Departures between September and May:
- Tour Starts: 11:15 am, Victoria Park Plaza (please wait by the concierge desk 15 minutes prior to your departure time)
- Tour Finishes: approx 10:00 pm, Victoria Train Station
Departures between June and August:
- Tour Starts: 12:15 pm, Victoria Park Plaza (please wait by the concierge desk 15 minutes prior to your departure time)
- Tour Finishes: approx 11:00 pm, Victoria Train Station Stone Circle Access visits take place in the evening outside of regular opening hours, approx. an hour before sunset
- Experience Stonehenge up-close with unique 'Inner Circle Access'
- View Stonehenge outside of normal opening hours
- Enjoy a Walking Tour of Windsor with your Expert Guide
- Discover Oxford on a Walking Tour with your Expert Guide