For a limited time only, step inside the Queen's official London residence and Britain's most famous palace on this fantastic tour of the State Rooms at the heart of Buckingham Palace. Enjoy a multimedia tour around the lavishly decorated rooms adorned with priceless furniture, paintings and other articles. Learn about the history of the palace and the rooms that make up the State Rooms.
The Buckingham Palace State Rooms will be open to the public from 20th July - 29th September 2019.
The official London residence of the British monarch since 1837, Buckingham Palace is the centrepiece of the monarchy and the best-known of all royal houses. Beginning life as a private house called 'Buckingham House' built in 1705 for the Duke of Buckingham, it was brought under royal control in 1761 by King George III and renovated over time into the world-famous royal palace as we know it today.
Every summer, Buckingham Palace opens its doors to visitors from around the world looking to get a glimpse inside its lavishly decorated rooms and hallways.
On this Buckingham Palace tour, you'll visit the State Rooms, which include the Throne Room, The White Drawing Room and the Ballroom; each more richly decorated than the last and adorned with ornate furniture, paintings and treasures.
Enjoy a rare opportunity to visit Buckingham Palace and enjoy the tour at your own pace; an audio multimedia guide explains the history of the palace and the various rooms within the State Rooms as you make your way around. At the end of your tour, you'll walk along the south side of the palace garden, which has splendid views of the west front of the palace and garden.
To mark the 200th anniversary of the birth of Queen Victoria, a special exhibition Queen Victoria’s Palace at this year’s Summer Opening of Buckingham Palace will tell the story of how the young monarch turned an unloved royal residence into the centre of the social, cultural and official life of the country.
- Once booked, tickets are not refundable and dates/times can not be changed.
- Please bring a valid form of identification with you on the day
- For groups of 15 or more please contact our group department: email@example.com to make a booking.
- Please bring a printed copy of your ticket with you in order to enter the palace
- Mobility Access - queries & ticket bookings need to be made directly with Buckingham Palace. Evan Evans are unable to make these bookings for you.
- The State Rooms are fully accessible, but step-free access must be pre-booked by contacting the Specialist Sales team on +44 (0)303 123 7324 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Manual wheelchairs are available to borrow, free of charge, subject to availability, for the duration of a visit. They must be pre-booked by contacting the Specialist Sales team +44 (0)303 123 7324 or email@example.com.
- You can use your own wheelchair provided it's compatible with the lifts inside Buckingham Palace. The lifts measure 148cm in depth by 94 cm in width with a weight limit of 500kg; and 160cm in depth by 94cm in width with a weight limit of 750kg.
Images from the Royal Collection Trust / © H M Queen Elizabeth II 2019
Buckingham Palace, Photographer: Andrew Holt
Blue Drawing Room, Photographer: Peter Smith
Buckingham Palace State Banquet