Spy & Espionage - Small Group Experience
Experience a side of London that few encounter - the 'cloak and dagger' world of international espionage. Discover the real-life sites, both past and present, used as headquarters for Britain’s top intelligence services and learn about some of the most infamous double agents of the Cold War. Join your Evan Evans Expert Guide as they shine a light on some of the city’s darkest mysteries, as you explore the real-life sites that staged the Cold War’s secret battles.
- Meeting Point
St. Ermin’s Hotel
Your Guide will be waiting to greet you next to the concierge desk at the historic St. Ermin’s Hotel, located at 2 Caxton Street in Westminster, located around a 5-minute walk from St James Underground station (serviced by the District Line).
- Spy & Espionage Experience
This Experience starts in style at the St. Ermin's Hotel; former headquarter of MI6, where an original coded message was written on silk hangers in the lobby - hunt it down and try to crack the code. Or have a drink before your tour starts at the hotel's Caxton Bar where, in the 1950s, Guy Burgess handed over top-secret papers to his Russian handler.
For decades MI5, MI6 and GCHQ pitted themselves against the intelligence apparatus of the Soviet Union. Theirs is a tale of tragedy, betrayal, and eventual triumph in the war of espionage and counterintelligence. On this fantastic experience, you will explore this shadowy world and gain an insight into Britain's top intelligence agencies and the different roles they play in protecting the country.
See the home of MI6- famously featured in several James Bond movies - the headquarters of MI5 and visit the public 'dead drop' sites where spies exchanged top-secret information. Discover the locations used by Intelligence Services to recruit their agents, and be shaken and stirred by the stories of some of Britain's most infamous traitors and double agents who passed top-secret information on to the Soviets.
- End Point
London Victoria Train Station
Your Experience will finish outside London Victoria Train Station, centrally located and easily accessible by national rail and underground, it is serviced by the Victoria, District and Circle Lines and is in Travel Zone 1.
- Experiences Starts: 1:30 pm, concierge desk at the St Ermin's Hotel (Meeting time is 15 minutes prior, 1:15 pm)
- Experiences Finishes: approx 4:30 pm at Victoria Train Station (optional drop-off at the St Ermin’s Hotel)
- Hear fascinating tales of treachery, tragedy and subterfuge
- Gain an insight into Cold War espionage in London and learn about double agents who passed secrets to the Soviet Union
- Discover the real-life sites used as the headquarters for MI6 and discover how the various intelligence services operate today
- Luxurious coach with glass roof, reclining seats & FREE Wi-Fi
- A maximum of 16 people on this Experience
Personal Audio Headset
Luxury Small Group Vehicle
USB Charging On-board
Part of this Experience is a Walking Tour
Hotel Pick-up & Drop-off
BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE
- No Cancellation Fees
- No Change Fees
- No Booking Fees
- Your Money is Protected - Free cancellation up to 24 hours before the day of departure
For full terms see Our Flexible Promise to You
COMMITTED TO YOUR WELL-BEING
We have implemented the following COVID-19 Hygiene and Distancing Measures for your well-being.
- Physical distancing measures are in place during check-in, boarding and to disembark our vehicles
- Vehicles are fully sanitised before the start of each tour. All surfaces are cleaned and disinfected daily
- Hand sanitiser, antiviral sprays and wipes are available on board to use throughout the day
- Guests are encouraged to bring their own face coverings which are recommended when traveling on board our vehicles. Spare disposable masks are available at check-in
- Guests are provided with personal audio headsets so distancing can be maintained when listening to commentary
- We encourage guests with e-tickets to bring these on their smart devices, and we recommend contact-less payments only
- Guests should follow the guidelines in place at tour inclusions, including any rules on face coverings and physical distancing measures
- Our team, including our guides and drivers have been trained in our enhanced hygiene and physical distancing procedures
Please note our coaches are operating at normal capacity on departures from 11th October 2021. Please refer to our Travel Health page for more information