Royal Windsor Afternoon Tour with Lunch
Visit a town steeped in centuries royal tradition and heritage and discover over 900 years of royal history at Windsor Castle. The ancestral home of the British monarchy and scene of royal weddings, explore the grandest State Apartments in all of England and the same rooms used by members of the royal family, plus see where HRH Prince Harry married Meghan Markle in one of the most famous weddings of the modern era.
- Meeting Point
Evan Evans Office
Our team will be waiting to greet you at our offices at 258 Vauxhall Bridge Road, located about a 5-minute walk from London Victoria Train Station and Victoria Underground Station. Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled departure time for boarding.
- Historic Windsor
Discover this historic town set in a glorious riverside location famous for its links to the British crown. Wander through the cobbled streets and browse the quaint tea rooms and shopping arcades as your Expert Guide brings the history of this historic town to life.
- Lunch in Windsor
Relax and enjoy a delicious two-course lunch at the Harte and Garter Hotel, a 4-star venue located opposite Windsor Castle in the centre of the town that started out as two 14th-century inns.
Your two-course lunch includes:
- Pan-roasted Chicken Breast with Wilted Greens & Buttered New Potatoes
- Vegetarian: Goats Cheese with Mediterranean Vegetables and potatoes
- Dessert: Apple Crumble
- Windsor Castle
After lunch, make your way to Windsor Castle, a favoured weekend retreat of Her Majesty The Queen and the largest, continuously occupied castle in the world. Explore more than 900 years of history at this royal residence and ancestral home of the British royal family.
Enjoy a Tour through the State Apartments, the centrepiece of the castle and grandest apartments in all of England. Built to rival the opulence of the Palace of Versailles in France, you'll walk through the same rooms still in use by members of the royal family today.
Visit St George's Chapel, where HRH Prince Harry married Meghan Markle in a ceremony broadcast to millions around the world. Construction on this beautiful chapel began in 1475 under the reign of Edward IV, and today it is the resting place of 10 former monarchs including the infamous Henry VIII.
- End Point
London Victoria Train Station
Your Tour will finish outside London Victoria Train Station, centrally located and easily accessible by national rail and underground, it is serviced by the Victoria, District and Circle Lines and is in Travel Zone 1.
- Tour Starts: 11:45 am, Evan Evans Office, 258 Vauxhall Bridge Road, Victoria, London (boarding commences at 11:30 am)
- Tour Finishes: approximately 7:00 pm, London Victoria Train Station
- Queen Mary's Dolls' House at Windsor Castle will be closed to visitors until further notice
- Viewing at Windsor Castle is restricted on Sundays. On rare occasions, the State Apartments or St George's Chapel may be closed
- For special dietary requirements, please email firstname.lastname@example.org at least 72-hours in advance and we will do our best to accommodate
- Guests travelling in a wheelchair, please contact us before travel. Unfortunately, mobility scooters are not permitted
- Discover the picturesque town of Windsor with its historic architecture and Royal heritage
- Enjoy a delicious two-course lunch in a 14th-century hotel
- Explore the historical Windsor Castle
- Visit St. George’s Chapel, the famous setting of HRH Prince Harry & Meghan Markle's wedding