Buckingham Palace & Windsor Castle with Lunchs17r-17r
Experience two of Britain's finest Royal residences on this fantastic full-day tour to Buckingham Palace and Windsor Castle. Get a rare glimpse inside the Queen of England's official residence at Buckingham Palace before heading to the largest, continuously occupied castle in Europe and ancestral home of the monarchy at Windsor. Enjoy a delicious hot two-course lunch in a 14th-century hotel.
- Meeting Point
Queen's Gallery Entrance
Your Expert Guide will be waiting to greet you at the entrance to the Queen's Gallery (the art museum located just around the facade of Buckingham Palace). The Queens Gallary is a 10-minute walk from London Victoria Station and Victoria Underground Station. Please arrive 15 minutes before the start of the tour (meeting at 9:00 am and the tour starts at 9:15 am).
- Buckingham Palace
Official London residence of the monarch since 1837, Buckingham Palace is the jewel in the British crown estate. Synonymous with the British royal family, this famous palace hasn't always been in royal hands.
Built in 1705 as a private house for the Duke of Buckingham, it was eventually purchased and brought into royal hands in 1761 by King George III. Over time, it was renovated into the palace as we know it today.
Recognised around the world, Buckingham Palace opens its doors every summer to visitors from around the world. On this tour of the State Rooms, you'll see rooms such as the Throne Room, The White Drawing Room and the Ballroom, each more lavishly decorated than the last and filled with ornate furniture, paintings and treasures.
Enjoy the Tour at your own pace with an audio multimedia guide that explains the history of the palace and the various rooms within the State Rooms. At the end of your tour, you'll walk along the south side of the Palace garden, where you'll meet your guide before the next part of your Royal journey.
- Windsor Castle
The town of Windsor is best known for its historical links to the British royal family, and it is suitably steeped in pageantry and history. Before we start exploring, you will enjoy a delicious two-course lunch in a 4-star venue on the doorstep of Windsor Castle.
Towering over the rest of the town is Windsor Castle, the ancestral home of the English and later British monarchy, and largest inhabited castle in the world.
Built in the 11th century by William The Conqueror as a fortress to guard the western approach to London, today this royal castle is the stately retreat of Queen Elizabeth II.
Marvel at the splendour of the State Apartments, renowned as the grandest apartments in England, where paintings by Van Dyck and Rubens hang from the walls, and the ceilings are painted with elaborate, magnificent murals.
At St George's Chapel, you will have the opportunity to visit the site where HRH Prince Harry married Ms Meghan Markle in 2018 to millions of viewers around the world. The chapel is also the final resting place of departed kings and queens from England's illustrious history, including Henry VIII and Charles I.
If Her Majesty is in Windsor during your visit, you may even be fortunate enough to see the Royal Standard flying on the flagpole of the Round Tower.
- Lunch in Windsor
Relax and enjoy a delicious two-course lunch at the Harte and Garter Hotel, a 4-star venue located opposite Windsor Castle in the centre of the town that started out as two 14th-century inns.
Your two-course lunch includes:
- Pan-roasted Chicken Breast with Wilted Greens & Buttered New Potatoes
- Vegetarian: Goats Cheese with Mediterranean Vegetables and potatoes
- Dessert: Apple Crumble
- End Point
London Victoria Train Station
Your Tour will finish outside London Victoria Train Station, centrally located and easily accessible by national rail and underground, it is serviced by the Victoria, District and Circle Lines and is in Travel Zone 1.
- Tour Starts: 9:15 am, Queen's Gallery entrance (meeting time 9:00 am)
- Tour Finishes: approx 6:30 pm, Victoria Train Station
- Queen Mary's Dolls' House at Windsor Castle will be closed to visitors until further notice
- Viewing at Windsor Castle is restricted on Sundays. On rare occasions, the State Apartments or St George's Chapel may be closed
- For special dietary requirements, please email email@example.com at least 72-hours in advance and we will do our best to accommodate
- Guests travelling in a wheelchair, please contact us before travel. Unfortunately, mobility scooters are not permitted
Please note there are additional dates when Windsor Castle is closed:
• 9th – 10th April – castle closed
• 15th June – castle closed
• 14th & 16th June – State Apartments closed
- See where HRH Prince Harry married Meghan Markle
- Enjoy a rare glimpse of the inside of Buckingham Palace
- Discover the 900-year-old ancestral home of the British monarchy
- Visit the largest occupied castle in Europe
Personal Audio Headset
USB Charging On-board
Hotel Pick-up & Drop-off
BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE
- No Cancellation Fees
- No Change Fees
- No Booking Fees
- Your Money is Protected - Free cancellation up to 48 hours before departure
For full terms see Our Flexible Promise to You
COMMITTED TO YOUR WELL-BEING
We have implemented the following COVID-19 Health and Safety Measures for your well-being.
- Physical distancing measures are in place during check-in, boarding and to disembark our vehicles
- Vehicles are fully sanitised before the start of each tour. All surfaces are cleaned and disinfected daily
- Hand sanitiser, antiviral sprays and wipes are available on board to use throughout the day
- The maximum capacity of our vehicles will be limited, and seating is planned so that empty seats are left next to single travellers and odd numbered groups
- Guests are encouraged to bring their own face coverings as these must be worn throughout the tour. A supply of spare disposable masks will also be made available at check-in
- Guests are provided with personal audio headsets so distancing can be maintained when listening to commentary
- We encourage guests with e-tickets to bring these on their smart devices, and we recommend contactless payments only
- All tour inclusions have been vetted to ensure they adhere to physical distancing and hygiene guidelines
- Our team, including our guides and drivers have been newly trained in our enhanced hygiene and physical distancing procedures
Please refer to our Travel Health page for more information