Blenheim Palace, Downton Abbey Village & The Cotswolds - TOUR WITH ENTRY FEE INCL to Blenheim Palace
Blenheim Palace, Downtown Abbey Village & The Cotswolds - with entrances - Discover The Cotswolds, see beautiful Blenheim Palace, where Sir Winston Churchill was born and raised, plus visit some iconic filming locations from the popular BBC TV series 'Downton Abbey'. - TOUR WITH ENTRY FEE INCLUDED to Blenheim Palace.
- Meeting Point
Victoria Coach Station
Our team will be waiting to greet you by our Welcome Desk at Victoria Coach Station, and will direct you to the correct departure gate. Victoria Coach Station is a 10-15 minute walk from London Victoria Station and Victoria Underground Station, and our Welcome Desk is located in-front of Gates 1 and 2: Please arrive 30 minutes before your scheduled departure time for boarding.
- Downton Abbey Village
The first part of our journey sees us head out of the hustle and bustle of London and into the serene expanses of the Cotswolds, England's largest Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Nestled in the rolling hills is the quaint village of Bampton. This little traditional English village has most recently been the filming location for the popular period drama television series, Downton Abbey. You'll see the home of Isobel Crawley, the Downton Cottage Hospital, the village church, as well as the location for two fictional local pubs, The Grantham Arms and The Dog & Duck.
- The Cotswolds & Bourton-on-the-Water
After a brief journey through some of the most beautiful countryside in England, we will arrive at our next destination. Straddling the River Windrush is the lovely village of Bourton-on-the-Water, also known as the 'Venice of the Costwolds'. This quintessentially English village is a must-see for all visitors to the Cotswolds.
Enjoy a traditional afternoon tea experience in a riverside café, or take a stroll down the river banks and peruse the eclectic mix of local stores offering everything from homemade ice cream to charming gifts for friends and family back home.
- Blenheim Palace
This awe-inspiring stately home, the current private residence of the 11th Duke and Duchess of Marlborough, is perhaps best-known as the birthplace of Sir Winston Churchill.
Admire the stunning details behind the portraits, tapestry and furniture in the lavishly decorated State Rooms, which includes ornate furniture by Boulle, Savonniere carpet and the iconic 'Victories' series of tapestries celebrating the Duke's victory over the French armies of 'The Sun King', Louis XIV, at the Battle of Blenheim.
Enjoy a stroll through the beautifully landscaped formal gardens designed by Lancelot 'Capability' Brown and more than 2,000 acres of parkland, or walk in the footsteps of Sir Winston Churchill. Visit his most cherished outdoor places on the grounds of Blenheim Palace, including the spot where he proposed to Clementine Hozier.
- End Point
London Victoria Train Station
Your Tour will finish outside London Victoria Train Station, centrally located and easily accessible by national rail and underground, it is serviced by the Victoria, District and Circle Lines and is in Travel Zone 1.
- Tour Starts: 9:00 am, Victoria Coach Station (boarding commences 8:30 am)
- Tour Finishes: approx 7:00 pm, Victoria Train Station
- *Entrance to Blenheim Palace is included.
- This Tour does not visit Highclere Castle from the Downton Abbey series
- Disclaimer: This Tour is an unlicensed and unauthorised tour of sites featured in the television series 'Downton Abbey' produced by Carnival Film and Television and NBCUniversal International Limited. Evan Evans Tours Limited and this tour do not have any association with, connection to, sponsorship by or endorsement of, the television series 'Downton Abbey', Carnival Film and Television or NBCUniversal International Limited
- Explore the birthplace of Sir Winston Churchill
- Enjoy a scenic drive through the Cotswolds
- Discover two traditional English villages
- See the filming location of 'Downton Abbey' village