Royal Windsor - Private Chauffeured Experience
Enjoy a relaxing afternoon in Windsor with your Evan Evans Expert Guide in a Private Chauffeured Vehicle as you explore a town steeped in centuries of royal heritage and tradition. Plus, visit Windsor Castle; ancestral home of the British royal family and the largest, continuously occupied castle in the world.
Whether you're travelling solo, as a couple, group, or as a family, we're proud to offer a modern and prestigious fleet of luxury vehicles to cater for everyone.
With sculpted seats, sophisticated leather trim interior, and air-conditioning, the Mercedes E-Class allows for exceptional long-distance comfort. The V-Class model offers that rare combination of spacious seating and generous luggage capacity, being able to comfortably transport up to 6 passengers.
Eco-friendly guests will enjoy a comfortable, quiet journey inside a Toyota Prius - a market-leading hybrid vehicle that is built with the environment in mind. Featuring innovative ecological plastic derived from plants in its interior and a world-first solar-powered ventilation system.
Luxury Vintage Collection
Step back in time and travel in style with our superb collection of classic cars. Choose from the Rolls Royce Phantom and a range of Bentley's including the Bentley S3, Bently MK VI, Bentley RT, LWB, and Bentley Azure convertible, plus the Morris Minor 'Million'.
- Hotel Pick-up
Your Private Chauffeur and Expert Guide will pick you up from your hotel to begin the Experience. Please be ready by the Concierge Desk at the start time.
- Windsor Castle
Your Evan Evans Expert Guide will bring the incredible history to life as you step back in time to the 11th Century and learn about how Windsor Castle was founded by William the Conqueror. It has since withstood siege, been used for official entertaining, as a royal court by King Henry VIII and Elizabeth I, and as a home to 39 monarchs, including the UK’s reigning Queen Elizabeth II who enjoys many of her private weekends at the Castle.
Located within 13 acres, and boasting over an impressive 1,000 rooms, the Castle consists of three distinct sections known as the Middle Ward, the Upper Ward and the Lower Ward. The Upper Ward houses the State Apartments on the north side, with the private rooms of the Royal Family to the south side.
During the reign of King Charles II, the State Apartments were renovated to rival the rooms of Versailles in France and today, you can witness incredible artwork from the Royal Collections, including paintings by Rembrandt and Rubens.
Experience spectacular St George’s Chapel, a beautiful place of worship, burial place for ten monarchs including Henry VIII and The Queen Mother, and the setting for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s wedding.
Also depending on the day and time of your visit, you might be lucky to witness the Changing of the Guard at Windsor Castle. The ceremony sees the guards marching through Windsor town and into the castle for the guard change.
- Hotel Drop-off
Your Private Chauffeur and Expert Guide will drop you back at your Central London hotel at the end of the Experience.
- Experience Starts: 1:00 pm
- Experience Finishes: approx 5:00 pm (Alternative start and finish times are available upon request)
- Viewing at Windsor Castle is restricted on Sundays. On rare occasions, the State Apartments or St George's Chapel may be closed
- Queen Mary's Dolls' House at Windsor Castle will be closed to visitors until further notice
- Prices quoted are based on E-Class Mercedes-Benz or V-Class Mercedes-Benz based on the number of people travelling. All other vehicles are on a request basis
- Prices are quoted based on an English speaking Expert Guide. If you wish to have an Expert Guide that speaks another language, please contact us
- Prices are based on departing and returning to a Central London location
- Full payment required at time of booking. Once confirmed, bookings are subject to our Booking Conditions
- All Experiences are subject to availability
- 2019 restrictions: Tour is not available on 24-26 December 2019
- 2020/2021 restrictions: Tour is not available on 1 January, 10-12 April, 24-26 December 2020 & 1 January 2021
- Visit the historic Windsor Castle
- Professionally Guided Tour by an Evan Evans Expert Guide
- Private Luxury Vehicle with Chauffeur
- Pick-up and Drop-off at your Central London Hotel