Leeds Castle, Canterbury Cathedral & Dover (with Hop-on Hop-off Ticket)
Journey into the heart of the English countryside as we visit the county of Kent, also known as the ‘Garden of England’ due to its lush rolling green hills, beautiful scenery and historic buildings.
Visit the stunning Leeds Castle, the historic UNESCO World Heritage Site at Canterbury Cathedral and see the spectacular White Cliffs of Dover. Plus, enjoy a panoramic tour of London's top sights and most iconic landmarks on an open-top bus tour through the city. With audio guides available in 11 languages and a free river cruise and walking tours included, it's the perfect way to explore London.
- Meeting Point
Victoria Coach Station
Our team will be waiting to greet you by our Welcome Desk at Victoria Coach Station, and will direct you to the correct departure gate. Victoria Coach Station is a 10-15 minute walk from London Victoria Station and Victoria Underground Station, and our Welcome Desk is located in-front of Gates 1 and 2: Please arrive 30 minutes before your scheduled departure time for boarding.
- Leeds Castle Tour
We begin our day trip to Leeds Castle from London by passing through historic Greenwich, an area of London known for its maritime history and classical building such as the Old Royal Naval College.
Often referred to as The Loveliest Castle in The World, Leeds Castle has played many roles in its nearly 900-year history. From a Norman stronghold to a magnificent royal palace, the castle today has been converted by subsequent owners into an idyllic countryside retreat.
With 500 acres of parkland and landscaped gardens to explore, it's easy to see why this beautiful castle has been the private property of no fewer than six English queens.
- Canterbury Cathedral
Founded by St Augustine in 600 AD, the Cathedral today is one of the most excellent examples of Gothic architecture in England.
A designated UNESCO World Heritage Site, Canterbury Cathedral is both a serene place of holiness and beautiful tourist destination. As the Cathedral of the Archbishop, the spiritual leader of the Church of England, Canterbury holds a special place in English history.
Canterbury is far from your typical Cathedral, and its long history is often described as 'England in Stone'. The history of this Cathedral and its influential Archbishops is woven inextricably into the story of England itself.
The Archbishops here played a crucial role in the creation of the Magna Carta, one of the most important documents in history, and were influential enough to engage in power struggles with the King of England.
In Dover we will have a view of the famous White Cliffs. Soaring 350 ft above the crashing waves of the English Channel, the White Cliffs of Dover are an instantly recognisable landmark of Britain. From Caesar to Shakespeare, some of history’s most important figures recognised the towering symbolism of the cliffs.
Traditionally the site where British royalty would welcome overseas visitors, the cliffs served as an intimidating reminder of Britain's immovable resoluteness sense of independence.
- London Hop-on Hop-off Tour
The Original London Sightseeing Tour provides more than just a great way travel around London. The Hop-on Hop-off service gives you the flexibility to board any of the routes operated by the Original Tour with commentary in English or 10 other languages as well as a unique kids’ channel.
Your 24 hour ticket provides you access to free walking tours and a complimentary river cruise (to be enjoyed within the supplier’s normal operating hours).
- Tour Starts: 9:00 am, Victoria Coach Station (boarding commences at 8:30 am)
- Tour Finishes: approx 7:00 pm, Victoria Train Station
- *Entrance to Leeds Castle and Canterbury Cathedral are included if the option 'Including Entrances' is selected in the booking panel.
- Hop-On Hop-Off Tour: Please note, you will require a printed copy of your ticket. Evan Evans E-tickets are valid on your nominated date, or on any other date during normal opening hours, for up to 30 days afterward (not available on the 25th December). Your 24 hour tickets period begins from the time you first validate your ticket at any Original Tour bus stop. All dates are subject to availability and the supplier reserves the right to alter its opening times/service at short notice. Tickets can only be used for one visit and will be taken in by the supplier upon exchange
- Entrance to Leeds Castle & Gardens
- Entrance to Canterbury Cathedral (inc. guided tour)
- Photo stop at the White Cliffs of Dover
- Drive through historic Greenwich
- Hop-on Hop-off 24-hour ticket with a free Thames River cruise and walking tour
- Free kids' pack for guests aged 5-12 years
- Superb live English-speaking guides
- Recorded audio guide available in 11 language