Christmas Day: Windsor Christmas Brunch with Avebury Stone Circle & Bath
Visit the historic town of Windsor, steeped in centuries of royal history and tradition, where you’ll indulge in a fantastic festive two-course lunch with sparkling wine in a 14th-century building located opposite Windsor Castle. Explore the ancient Neolithic stone circle at Avebury, plus enjoy a walking tour through the beautiful Georgian city of Bath with your expert guide, who will bring the history of this stunning city to life.
- MEETING POINT
Victoria Coach Station
Our team will be waiting to greet you by our Welcome Desk at Victoria Coach Station, which you will find in front of Gates 1 & 2. Victoria Coach Station is a 10-15 minute walk from London Victoria Station and Victoria Underground Station. Please arrive 30 minutes before your scheduled departure time ready for boarding.
Hotel Pick-up Service
On 25th December (Christmas Day) and 26th December (Boxing Day), we offer guests a complimentary hotel pick-up service from select London hotels. Please book hotel pick-ups at least 72 hours in advance and ensure you wait at the concierge desk in your hotel at least 10 minutes before your designated pick-up time.
Located within the delightful countryside of the Royal County of Berkshire, discover this historic, Royal town set in a glorious riverside location next to the River Thames. Walk along the medieval cobbled streets and admire the excellent examples of Georgian and Victorian architecture, and browse its quaint shopping arcades and tea rooms as our tour guide brings the history of this beautiful town to life.
Enjoy a deliciously festive brunch in a 4-star hotel; the Harte and Garter Hotel is a converted 14th-century inn and located directly opposite Windsor Castle. Sip on a glass sparkling wine next to this historic castle; the oldest continuously occupied castle in the world and an ancestral home of the British monarchy for more than 900 years.
- Glass of sparkling wine
- Freshly-baked artisanal bread and butter station
- Homemade assorted terrines
- Slices of turkey breast
- Gala pie
- Honey-glazed sausages
- Eggs Royale
- Mini mince pies, panettone, cinnamon rolls, Christmas pastries and platter of fruit
- Tea/coffee/ hot chocolate
- Vegetarian option available upon request
The town of Avebury is home to the largest stone circle in the world with a circumference of over ¾ of a mile. Part of the same UNESCO World Heritage Site as Stonehenge, the Avebury Stone Circle is not only older than Stonehenge, it is also far larger and much more accessible; the stones are easy to access, and visitors can walk freely among and touch the rocks.
Modern carbon dating places the date of construction at 3,300 BC at the end of the early Neolithic era when the very first farms in Britain were starting to emerge. Uncover the history of this massive stone circle and hear what life might have been like thousands of years ago in the area for those that built this ancient monument.
Built as a place of relaxation and well-being by the Romans thousands of years ago, Bath is home to Britain’s only natural thermal hot springs. Today, it is the only city in Britain to have UNESCO World Heritage status due to its historical significance. Travel through thousands of years of history in an afternoon in this beautiful city and admire its famed 18th-century honey-coloured Georgian buildings, Neoclassical and Gothic architecture.
- END POINT
Your tour will conclude at the following locations:
- Earl's Court
- Gloucester Road
- Marble Arch
- Trafalgar Square
- London Victoria
- Tour Starts: 9:00 am, Victoria Coach Station (boarding commences at 8:30 am)
- Tour Ends: approx. 7:30 pm (drop-off in select locations across London)
- Non-refundable once booked
- Windsor Castle is closed to visitors on Christmas Day, but you will see the exterior of the Castle during your walking tour
- Pick-up time will be earlier if you have requested this service from your hotel
- Hotel pick-ups must be booked at least 72 hrs in advance - please wait by the concierge desk at your hotel
- Complimentary hotel pick-ups operate from select hotels in Central London on Boxing Day - please refer to the complete hotel list for details
- Christmas Brunch included in tour price
- Please contact us directly to notify us of any dietary restrictions at least 1 week in advance
- Enjoy a walking tour of the historic town of Windsor
- Delicious Christmas brunch in a converted 14th-century inn
- Visit the ancient stone circle in Avebury
- Explore the beautiful Georgian city of Bath