- Investigate London's darkest secrets with a world-renowned storyteller
- See where Jack the Ripper found his victims
- Visit a Traditional London Pub
- Exclusive to Evan Evans Tours: our new Vox Radioguide® system
- First class luxury motor coach and the services of a professional Tour Guide
Our tour begins with a coach drive direct to the dark side of London. The Theatre Drury Lane, said to be the most haunted theatre in London, your guide will tell you why! We see the Old Bailey - the site of numerous public hangings, drive along Fleet Street, home of Sweeny Todd - the demon barber of Fleet Street - and his accomplice, Mrs Lovatt, who was said to have baked pies from the flesh of his victims, selling them to unsuspecting customers.
As the shadows lengthen, we approach London's East End, a hotbed of crime and vice in the 19th century. During the autumn of 1888, terror struck when Jack the Ripper came out of the fog and dimly lit alleys just long enough to stalk and butcher his five victims.
We leave the coach and walk his death trail inspecting the murder sites, deciphering the evidence and discussing the suspects. We will see the 10 Bells Pub, built in 1752 where many of Jack the Ripper's victims were said to have drunk. To this day the case remains unsolved.
- Walking Tour with expert Ripperologist
- Personal Audio Headset
- Free WiFi
- Pick up and Drop off at your Hotel
7.00pm, The Original London Visitor Centre
7.15pm, The Strand Palace Hotel
Tour Finishes: approx 10.00pm, Trafalgar Square
This is a combination coach/walking tour and will finish at a traditional pub near Trafalgar Square.
This tour is not suitable for anyone under the age of 12 years.