- Walking tour of Oxford
- Stop in Bourton-on-the-water, one of the prettiest villages in The Cotswolds
- Christmas Lunch in historic Stratford upon Avon
- First-class luxury Motor-coach and the services of a professional Tour Guide
- Free WiFi on Tour Coaches
We begin our day traveling across the Chiltern Hills to Oxford, the 'City of Dreaming Spires,' whose hushed courtyards have inspired generations of scholars including Bill Clinton and writers, including Lewis Carroll who wrote 'Alice in Wonderland,' C.S. Lewis who wrote 'Chronicles of Narnia' and the immortal J.R.R. Tolkein author of 'Lord of the Rings.' We take you on a walking tour through the cobbled streets of this prestigious institute of learning.
Steeped in history and heritage, the area of England known as the Cotswolds is a charming blend of cottages with honey-coloured walls and thatched roofs, market towns with crooked half-timbered houses lining the High Street, and ancient stone crosses, all set in the gently rolling hills ('wolds') that are so typically English in character.
Stratford-upon-Avon is renowned for being the birthplace of the world-famous playwright William Shakespeare. There'll be time to explore this charming market town, its streets decorated to celebrate the festive season.
We will enjoy a traditional Christmas Lunch in Stratford upon Avon.
- Glass of wine
- Soupe de Saison (butternut squash & sage soup with creme fraiche and toasted pumpkin seeds, served with rye & caraway bread
- Turkey Ballotine (roast turkey wrapped in streaky bacon with sage & onion, served with honey roasted parsnips, pigs in a blanket, roasted chestnuts & Brussel sprouts, roasted potatoes, butterred carrots and roasting gravy)
- Sticky Toffee Pudding (traditional sponge cake with toffee sauce and creme anglaise) or Tarte Aux Pommes (warm apple tart with tarte tatin ince cream)
Vegeterian option is available upon request.
- Christmas Lunch
- Pick up and drop off from hotel (see pick up points)
- Personal Audio Headset
- Free WiFi
- Entrance to Attractions
Tour Starts: 8.45am, Victoria Coach Station
Tour Finishes: approx. 7.00pm, drop off at selected hotels
Christmas Lunch in Stratford upon Avon is included in the tour price.
Once booked this tour is non refundable