Royal Windsor Private tour with Separate Tour Guide
Royal Windsor Private tour with Separate Tour Guide - Enjoy a relaxing afternoon in Windsor with your Evan Evans Expert Guide in a Private Luxury Vehicle as you explore a town steeped in centuries of royal heritage and tradition. Plus, visit Windsor Castle, the ancestral home of the British royal family and the largest, continuously occupied castle in the world.
|No. of Guests||Price per person||Total Price|
- Expert Evan Evans Tour Guide & Separate Chauffeur
- FREE Wi-Fi on-board
- Travel in a Luxury Vehicle
- Photo opportunities in Windsor
- Entry to Windsor Castle
- Pick-up and drop-off from your chosen location (London Zones 1-3)
- Hotel Pick-up
Your Private Chauffeur and Expert Guide will pick you up from your hotel to begin the Experience. Please be ready by the Concierge Desk at the start time.
- Windsor Castle
Your Evan Evans Expert Guide will bring the incredible history to life as you step back in time to the 11th Century and learn about how Windsor Castle was founded by William the Conqueror. It has since withstood siege, been used for official entertaining, as a royal court by King Henry VIII and Elizabeth I, and as a home to 39 monarchs, including the UK’s reigning Queen Elizabeth II who enjoys many of her private weekends at the Castle.
Located within 13 acres, and boasting over an impressive 1,000 rooms, the Castle consists of three distinct sections known as the Middle Ward, the Upper Ward and the Lower Ward. The Upper Ward houses the State Apartments on the north side, with the private rooms of the Royal Family to the south side.
During the reign of King Charles II, the State Apartments were renovated to rival the rooms of Versailles in France and today, you can witness incredible artwork from the Royal Collections, including paintings by Rembrandt and Rubens.
Experience spectacular St George’s Chapel, a beautiful place of worship, burial place for ten monarchs including Henry VIII and The Queen Mother, and the setting for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s wedding.
Also depending on the day and time of your visit, you might be lucky to witness the Changing of the Guard at Windsor Castle. The ceremony sees the guards marching through Windsor town and into the castle for the guard change.
- Hotel Drop-off
Your Private Chauffeur and Expert Guide will drop you back at your Central London hotel at the end of the Experience.
- Experience Starts: 1:00 pm
- Experience Finishes: 6:00 pm approximately
- Alternative start and finish times are available upon request
- St George's Chapel at Windsor Castle is closed on Sundays. On rare occasions, the State Apartments may be closed
- Prices are quoted based on an English-speaking guide or driver guide (depending on the option chosen). If you wish to have a guide that speaks another language, please send us a request
- Prices are based on departing and returning to a London location within Zones 1-3. Departures and drop-offs in Zones 4-6 or in any of the following postcodes can also be arranged at an additional charge of £60 per booking for: UB, HA, WD, EN, IG, RM, DA, BR, CR, SM, KT and TW
- Full payment is required at the time of booking. Once confirmed, bookings are subject to our Booking Conditions
- All tours are subject to availability
- Please visit our Travel Health page for full details of our enhanced hygiene standards and protocols
- Visit the historic Windsor Castle
- Professionally Guided Tour by an Evan Evans Expert Guide
- Private Luxury Vehicle with Chauffeur
- Pick-up and Drop-off at your Central London Hotel