Journey into the heart of the British countryside as we visit the county of Kent: ‘The Garden of England’. Visit beautiful Leeds Castle, the UNESCO World Heritage cathedral city of Canterbury and the spectacular White cliffs of Dover.
- Leeds Castle and Gardens entrance
- Entry and guided tour to Canterbury Cathedra
- lExclusive to Evan Evans: using the Vox Radioguide® system, you will be given an in-depth insight into the rich, and sometimes murderous, history of the Cathedral
- See the White Cliffs of Dover
- Drive through historic Greenwich
- Professional tour guide
- Superior coach with complimentary Wi-Fi
Heading out to Leeds Castle, we pass through Greenwich, home of the famous 'Cutty Sark' tea clipper and the Royal Observatory, and cross over the Greenwich Meridian.
Surrounded by 500 acres of incredible parkland and gardens, the ‘loveliest castle in the world’ boasts a fascinating history spanning back almost 900 years. Once a private property of six of England’s medieval queens, a palace used by King Henry VIII and his first wife Catherine of Aragon, and a Jacobean country house; Leeds Castle is now one of the most visited historic buildings in Britain.
Immerse yourself in the history and world-class heritage of this beautiful Cathedral city. Explore the magnificent cathedral; an important centre of pilgrimage in Medieval England and the site of the murder of Thomas Becket, the Archbishop of Canterbury in 1170. Admire the many listed buildings, the ruins of St Augustine’s Abbey and the Cathedral’s most important collection of early medieval stained glass in the country.
Standing guard at the gateway to England the impressive White Cliffs of Dover overlook the English Channel and were used for defense in both World Wars. Take a stroll along the magnificent beach, where on a clear day, you may also be treated to far reaching views to the cliffs of the French coast.
- Live English speaking guide
- Entrance to Leeds Castle
- Entrance to Canterbury Cathedral
- Personal Audio Headset
- Free WiFi
- Lunch (time will be included in the itinerary for a refreshment break)
- Pick up and Drop off at your Hotel
Tour Starts: 8.45am, Victoria Coach Station
Tour Finishes: approx 6.30pm, Victoria Train Station
Entrance to Leeds Castle and Canterbury Cathedral is included in the tour price. If you choose the option excluding entrances, tickets may be purchased from your tour guide.
30 March 2018: Canterbury Cathedral is closed due to Good Friday. Our tour will not visit the inside of Canterbury Cathedral. Your guide will take you on a walking tour through Canterbury.